Want to freshen up your balayage but don’t have the funds for a $250 salon visit? Here’s a great natural DIY beauty hack to lighten up your hair without spending a fortune or using any damaging chemicals.
What you’ll need:
- Small travel Spray Bottle
- Camomile Tea
- Prepare a cup of camomile tea and set aside to cool
- Juice 1 or 2 lemons
- Strain lemon juice to remove any pith or seeds
- Fill your spray bottle with half lemon juice and half cool camomile tea
Best ways to use it:
- Make sure to keep your lightening spray in the fridge, it can last up to a month or so
- I love using it at the beach, the sun helps the lemon and camomile to infuse into your hair and lighten it more quickly
- If you have a defined line of regrowth or roots spray that area more heavily to even out your colour achieving a more natural sun-kissed highlight look.
- This is a gradual process and works best on natural medium brown to darker blonde hair colours
Thanks to my amazing friend Jacquie for passing on this DIY beauty hack, be sure to try it!